Alycia Debnam Carey portrays the role of Alicia in AMC's Fear the Walking Dead. Her character appeared in all six episodes of Season 1 and will appear in Season 2. Originally from Australia but now lives in the US. (Since 2011)
Debnam-Carey originally trained as a classical percussionist at the Newtown High School of the Performing Arts in Sydney, Australia. In 2010, in partnership with the Berlin Philharmonic, she and a group of about 40 other musicians worked together, composed a piece together in a two week program.
She graduated in 2011 and then traveled to the U.S. for the first time as the youngest cast member in Next Stop Hollywood, a six-part documentary that followed six Australian actors as they competed for roles during the U.S. TV pilot season. Her mother, Leone Carey (a television writer), accompanied her. The documentary aired in 2013 on ABC1 in Australia.
Also Known For Edit
- Lexa in Seasons 2 & 3 of CW's The 100
- Into the Storm (2014)
- Laura in Friend Request (2016)
- The Devil's Hand (2014)
- Passed her driving test on her fourth attempt; she revealed this on Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2015, her first talk show.
- She's appeared in two music videos: "Eli" by Mailer Daemon and Lincoln Davis, and "She's Like a Comet" by Jebediah.
- Stars in a horror film Friend Request. The film was called Unfriend initially and was to have been released in 2015, the film was renamed and delayed until 2016 to coincide with Season 2 of Fear.
- Debnam-Carey has a significant gay following, her 100 character's romance with "Clark" won her and co-star Eliza Taylor the "Best Kiss" award at the 2015 E! Online Best. Ever. TV. Awards
- Alycia's fans are "quite active" on social media. :)